Implementing a routine, and scheduling time to get through your daily tasks can lead to a major improvement in your productivity. Here are a few tips to make sure you’re utilizing your time properly and staying productive at work. Schedule time…
· For your email. Carve out time at the beginning and the end of the day, and stick to it
· For the regular meetings you MUST have – and make an agenda to stay on track. If you lead people, meet with your team members regularly and consistently.
· For rewarding people. You don’t have to do the actual reward at that time, but think about who you want to reward, who did something really cool, or who went the extra mile. You can also send out an email to leaders or peers and ask them. It doesn’t matter how you do it – just do it!
· For intentional thinking and brainstorming. I put items I need to focus on and mull over in my morning notes, so it is top of mind throughout the day. You can multitask, too. Sometimes I brainstorm while I’m driving, sometimes while I’m getting my hair done, and sometimes it’s while I’m doing some chores or errands – make sure you set the topic, so when you make time, the topic is top of mind.
· For mentoring. Set this time to make sure you’re helping and mentoring others, but also that you have time to help yourself, and spend time with a mentor of your own.
By setting aside time in your day to tackle your big tasks, or to meet with your teams, you’re setting yourself up for success to be productive and efficient. It only takes a few minutes, but if you stick to it, can make a world of difference.